Oliver James Associates have been mandated by a London Market Insurance client to search for an experienced Developer in Test on an interim basis. The key responsibility is to analyse and develop testing via programming for the validation of APIs and other services. This role will be within a data integration programme.
To apply for this position, you must have experience of the following:
- Expert knowledge of coding using C#
- Strong experience of using Specflow
- Experience of one of the following; Nunit, Qunit, MS Test
- Either Postman or SoapUI for API testing
- Experience of Azure DevOps
- Experience of data integration projects
Typical day to day responsibilities will include:
- Analyse requirements and devise testing scenarios and scripts, using Given/When/Then notation (Gherkin).
- Develop code using MS C# and Specflow to test APIs, functionality and data.
- Work closely with the developers and testers to align and integrate test development with functional development, using Test Drive Development approach where applicable.
- Liaise with project stream leads and architects to discuss and agree tests for E2E Enterprise behaviour.
- Optimise test development common-code framework to allow for optimal code re-use and reduce future code maintenance.
- Document tests, drive reviews and approvals.
- Liaise with Development Lead to adapt test approach to match our advancing technical developments within testing.
- Liaise with Third Party suppliers who provide functionality, APIs, Services, Data, to devise best fit tests.
- Liaise and support internal BAU organisations with regression testing and devise testing functions which may simplify live operation testing.
This is a contract opportunity based in London paying up to £450pd dependant on experience.