Work closely with the actuarial and underwriting teams to identify areas of under and over performance; develop performance KPIs for analysis and provision to underwriters; monitor market performance trends; benchmark underwriting performance against peers; support development of business plans; work with other support functions to improve the process and accuracy of data capture and reporting. To provide the Executive Management Committee all required informational support.
- Data Analysis
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Transform data into actionable insights using clear and clean visuals
- Effectively use data visualizations to completement the data narrative
- Monitor claims trends to identify any change in underwriting performance in terms of the frequency or severity of claims.
- Analyze and document business requirements, taking full responsibility for investigative work.
- Internal Business Reporting
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs and provide useful business reports
- To assist in the preparation of reporting on underwriting performance for the monthly portfolio meetings, EMC meetings and quarterly board meetings.
- To track performance of underwriting teams against their business plans.
- Data Management
- Make recommendations about the methods used to collect, analyze and manage data to improve data quality and the efficiency of data systems
- Improving efficiency of current MI to assist more effective monitoring of performance.
- To work with the Management Information team on the structuring and development of Data Warehouse and associated reporting.
- External Reporting
- Work with IT and Compliance to satisfy all external (regulatory/statistical and/or fronting partner) reporting requirements.
Report and communicate effectively on progress and impacts of work with all levels of management.
- Previous work experience with a background in insurance or reinsurance
- Excellent IT skills, in particular an advanced level of MS Excel, VB Macros and SQL
- Knowledge of PowerPivot and Power BI
- Proficient in Oracle SQL Developer, Velocity, MS Office Suite
- High motivation, commitment to quality and proactive attitude.
- Competent in managing own workload and working on own initiative
- Strong analytical ability with experience in manipulating and analysing large datasets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with underwriters
- Ability to research effective solutions that may be out of the realm of primary responsibility.
- Requirements analysis. Clear documentation of requirements and solutions, including use case documents, system design documents and data definitions.
- Compensation Range: $65,000 to $75,000
Experience and understanding of working on projects from inception through implementation.
I lavori simili
Data Quality Business Analyst
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- giorni 20 fa
The MBE Data Management Office (DMO) was created in 2018 with responsibility for Data Management across MBE, including Amsterdam and seven branches across Europe. The DMO mandate is to: Develop a business-led, technology-enabled Data Strategy with a roadmap to deliver the Data Managemen... Leggi di più
Data Science- Manager
- London, England
- bonus and benefits
- giorni 7 fa
We have been mandated to recruit an talented Data Scientist into the analytics team within this market leading consultancy firm. The role requires some experience in any of the following: Experience of the banking environment, products and front and back office operations/ functions; Ex... Leggi di più
Payments Specialist / Analyst - Banking | 50CHF+ph
- Lugano, Switzerland
- Swiss Franc400 - Swiss Franc500 per day
- giorni 29 fa
Employment type: 6-12 month contract Location: Lugano Industry: Fintech Languages: English Very competitive rate: 35-55CHF per hour (DOE) Contract: Initially Until March 2021 (plus extensions) Our client, a renowned global fintech are offering an excellent opportnity for a back office b... Leggi di più
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin
- giorni 25 fa
Our client is seeking to hire an E-Commerce Specialist to come join their Digital Innovation hub in Dublin City Centre Job Role This is a key role based in our clients Dublin HQ within the newly established Chief Digital & Innovation office. You will contribute to the digital performanc... Leggi di più