A privately-owned UK firm of pension consultants and actuaries seeking a Consulting Actuary who wants the opportunity to carve out a successful career and build their network and reputation within an award winning and growing organisation | Glasgow | £50,000-£80,000 DOE
About the business
A privately-owned UK firm of pension consultants and actuaries with offices in London, Belfast, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and Dublin. Due to considerable growth, this consultancy are seeking to recruit across the board in pensions and investments. This is an excellent opportunity to join an award winning and growing organisation.
About the role
You will provide an array of actuarial services to a portfolio of Trustee and Corporate clients for defined benefit pension schemes, in addition to providing leadership and direction within the actuarial function as a senior advisor. The role will provide senior peer review support and will also support the development of less experienced colleagues, providing on the job training and exposure to a range of tasks. This role will involve attendance and contribution at client/trustee meetings, internal workflow and team meetings and other ad-hoc meetings with various internal and external individuals and other parties in order to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
What you will need
- A minimum of Associate or Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries with ideally a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience
- You will have experience in managing and providing actuarial services to a portfolio of Trustee and Corporate clients for defined benefit pension schemes
- You will have a broad industry background, actuarial and pension practice exposure for defined benefit pension schemes.
- Extensive technical understanding of the pensions industry, including the statutory requirements on trustees and pension schemes, pension scheme accounting, company financials, valuation of covenants, The Pensions Regulator (tPR) codes of practice and Pension Protection Fund (PPF) guidance, processes and procedures.
- A Scheme Actuary Practising Certificate would also be desirable but not essential
What you will get in return
- Excellent remuneration package and benefits
- Flexible working and annual leave policy
- 10% matched pension contribution
- Income protection & life assurance
- Comprehensive private medical cover
- Full study package for trainees and training support for all
- Modern offices facilities with free fruit deliveries