Cloud Enterprise Architect - Manchester City Centre
As part of this role you will lead the development of the hosting strategy and architectural blueprint as part of the Bank's infrastructure modernisation journey, covering all core Banking services ranging from customer facing digital services, the hosting of core banking platforms, through to back office reporting and analytical services. Your focus will be on exploiting and operationalising the latest industry trends relating to the hosting of enterprise grade IT services
Your remit will be to support the Bank's journey into the cloud by outlining the appropriate IT direction and development of associated roadmaps to ensure that we maintain an efficient and optimised run environment for the hosting of Bank IT services. This will involve:
- Leading the definition and operationalisation of a multi-cloud framework
- Defining patterns and archetypes for cloud solutions
- Working closely with and supporting IT security and IT service colleagues to adopt best practices relating to cloud applications and infrastructure
- Leading technical migrations, data integration and consolidation activities from traditional to cloud data structures
The successful candidate will be a leader in:
- Guiding significant architectural decisions with a view to reducing the risk and complexity of the Bank's IT systems, improving the flexibility and efficiency of those systems and improving the ROI on the Bank's IT system spend.
- Contributing to and facilitating Enterprise Design Governance.
- System/application migration and modernisation, including concepts such as virtualisation and containerisation.
- Recommending and influencing the choice of solutions to complex business challenges.
- Overseeing the downstream implementation of IT solutions that you have set the direction for, providing ongoing advice and guidance to ensure that the Bank's IT environment is enhanced in alignment with the vision you have set.
- Providing powerful and persuasive arguments to senior stakeholders in both written and oral form.
- Up to date knowledge and experience in the definition and implementation of cloud services within Financial Services, an appreciation of where the market is going in this space and the key technology vendors we should be working with.
This is a senior level position, reporting into the Bank's Head of IT Strategy and Architecture.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.