Responsible for working with business partners, stakeholders and other team members to identify and understand highly complex business requirements and processes to recommend and support the delivery of quality technical solutions. The individual may be asked to assume responsibility for the planning, coordination and execution of projects in support of our business partners.
- Working with the Project Management Office, manage all phases of project development and implementation following the Project Management methodology, ensuring that risks are managed; issues are addressed; costs and time are monitored; communication takes place with stakeholders; quality is managed; and the team is engaged. Ensure business deliverables are completely satisfied, on time and within budget.
- Produce reports on assigned project deliverables to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses.
- Escalate issues as required to appropriate project teams, business or counterparts. Serve as the liaison to the customer for the development team.
- Analyze problems in terms of process and/or systems functionality; generate data and apply analytical and quantitative techniques to formulate, describe, communicate and coordinate implementation of recommended solutions.
- Document and communicate project status to project team and/or management. Provide final approval of project implementation.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides clear written and verbal communications to project team.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by IT Management.
- Ideally 5 - 10 years of project management experience.
- Proven and progressive project management experience within financial sector, preferably reinsurance/insurance technology applications.
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent certification strongly preferred and may substitute for some required experience.
- Strong problem-solving, lateral thinking, communications, project management, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of processes, based either in IIBA, PMI or BCS
- Ability to manage multiple projects, working effectively as part of a team to drive projects and deliverables.
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills; with the ability to create solid written project artifacts, including the business case creation and production of functional specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Attention to detail, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Demonstrated success in a fast- paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing projects and demands.
- Flexible approach - we are a global operation.