Claims Digital Architect - Jersey City - 3 Month Contract to Hire
This position is accountable for effectively guiding development and adoption of the Digital Claims Processing capabilities and platform using architecture best practices and strategy. This role will be working closely with the senior Claims Digital program architect. Critical to this role is an in-depth understanding of modern application architecture that enables a digital customer experience, including API's, microservices and cloud architecture.
- Provide end to end application architecture and design for complex digital business solutions
- Deliver conceptual and high-level designs that align with architecture direction and meet business needs, incorporating appropriate input from various platform specialists and domain experts.
- Develop and implement application architecture consisting of multiple disciplines of architecture such as technology, platform and information architecture in conceptual and high-level designs.
- Target the development and use of reusable designs and shared services which are scalable and flexible.
- Provide architecture direction on Agile teams implementing digital solutions. Includes responsibility to build and manage architecture runways on Agile projects.
- Engage and enable relevant architecture governance processes and conducts design reviews.
- Communicate effectively to Agile teams and stakeholders to get understanding of requirements and use-cases and drive buy-in to target architectures and strategy.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of industry best practices, technologies and frameworks needed to deliver modern digital application architecture such as API's microservices, Cloud and hybrid platforms, web-based applications, business process modeling and application integration.
- Experience designing highly scalable platforms using concepts such as clustering, load balancing, and fault tolerance.
- Experience with applying architecture analyses to evaluate alternative options based on their impacts.
- Experience with using DevOps, continuous integration and automated testing with related tooling for delivery.
- Expertise with REST JSON-based API's, microservices, and cloud platform capabilities (Azure would be a plus). Knowledge of the .NET platform (C#) and/or Java.
Partnership and Team Work:
- Good communication and leadership. Must be able to provide guidance and feedback to technical resources (including contract resources) as well as managers.
- Demonstrate strong ability to work in a team environment and foster cross-team and cross-area collaboration
- Ensure documentation is captured appropriately and is easily accessible to the team members
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- 3 - 5 years application architecture experience (Insurance P&C experience is a plus)
- Ability to execute and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills
If interested please respond with an updated resume.