Charles River Technical Business Analyst
Charles River Business Analyst - Glasgow - 12 Month Contract
The Lead Business Analyst is a critical role in the Global technology organization. This highly visible role will play a key position in the order management system consolidation and migration efforts across several trading desks and asset classes. The candidate will work closely with business stakeholders, users, and IT to define and implement business workflows as part of the team implementing and consolidating OMS systems across the business. My client a global Financial Services business is looking for a lead business analyst with strong Charles River OMS and extensive asset management experience. The individual needs to be a highly motivated self-starter with strong sense of professional pride and individual accountability. My client is undergoing a transformational change across the front office, from both a business and technology perspective. The current set of technology projects is foundational to the future growth of the firm. This highly visible role will own major components of several technology deliverables. My client is looking for expertise on best-practices within the Charles River environment, serve as a go-to resource for our business partners, and mentor junior staff on the team. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a high performance, fast paced, high-pressure environment. Well-developed analytical skills and superb written and verbal communication skills are a must.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs analysis of business activities to determine business requirements.
- Works with business users to understand and define needs above and beyond requirements provided by the business.
- Converts business requirements into functional specifications.
- Works closely with the project managers, business users, QA, developers, and other technology professionals to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget Use existing workflows and control points, work with traders, risk operations, and the CRIMS implementation team to build and configure new workflows that meet the needs of the business.
- In addition, work to eliminate or minimize existing pain points while still maintaining necessary control points. Analyst will also need to design, and document new workflows Provide a third-party perspective on the workflows and other implementation details to ensure the firm is choosing the best implementation details possible.
- Work with BA, development, and QA teams to ensure existing application integrations are working as designed, including ensuing all data elements are being loaded and displayed properly Work with PM to ensure we are following the project plan and meeting deliverable dates.
- Act as the primary liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable.
- Communicates any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Ensure proper data processing using data checks and reports to facilitate error free business processes.
- Collaborates with the QA team in developing high level test plans.
- Reviews test cases developed by the QA team.
- Works with automated testing team when needed for performance / load testing as well as automated regression testing.
- Works to ensure a positive product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software.
- Creates and maintains proper training materials and business documentation Follow the firm's Software Development life cycle (SDLC), ensuring that all steps of the process have been followed prior to releasing any code.
- Provides application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support.
- 5 + years of asset management technology experience, with specific experience in order management systems and equity/fixed income trading.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or technology related field.
- Experience implementing Charles River Developer Investment Management System - with a preference for someone who has worked at CRD as a specialist and has worked on a hosted implementation Exposure to Compliance, CTM modules, as well as Workbench, Blotter, RTAPI, Real Time Services and Data Loads Broad background in trading including but not limited to trading systems, execution management systems, order management, etc.
- Strong hands on experience with SQL.
- Strong technical skills including a solid understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes.
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- An in-depth understanding of systems development lifecycle.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis on these systems at all phases of the project life cycle.
- Ability to consider the business implications of the application technology to the current and future state business environment.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
- Desire to be a member of a high-performing team, surrounded by other high-performing individuals.
If interested, please respond with an updated resume.
I lavori simili
Business Systems Analyst
- Irvine, California
- US$80 - US$120 per hour
- giorni 14 fa
Business Systems Analyst - Irvine - 12 Month Contract My client, a global Financial Services business, is looking for an experienced Business Systems Analyst for a major Middle Office system project. My client is upgrading their tech stack and making their Middle Office system more user... Leggi di più
Senior Business Analyst (Reference Data/Security Master)
- Irvine, California
- US$70 - US$120 per hour
- giorni 14 fa
Senior Business Analyst (Reference Data) - Irvine - 12 Month Contract My client, a global Financial Services organization, is looking for a Business Analyst for a major company wide Transformation. The Senior Business Analyst is a senior-level role helping drive product strategy, design... Leggi di più
URGENT Senior Business Analyst - Top Tier Insurance
- Hong Kong
- giorni 9 fa
An amazing SBA opportunity has just become available with my Insurance client. This is the best chance for those who got solid BA experiences to step it up in project management and become the most-wanted candidates in the market! What's there for you? Amazing digital product project ex... Leggi di più
Applications Business Analyst - 3-month contract - Inside IR35
- Slough, Berkshire
- giorni 20 fa
Business Applications BA- 3-month contract - inside IR35 - Surrey/Slough - Rate £250/day My public sector client is actively looking for a Research Information and Systems Manager to join their team ASAP. The Role/Skills; Experience of Pure or a similar CRIS and / or a Research Grant Ma... Leggi di più