You will need to be motivated by putting the needs of the user / customer first; delivering service excellence and continually "raising the bar". Your key responsibilities will include:
- Producing technical specifications for features/new applications and creating estimates for work, from those technical specifications
- Writing and unit testing new software from technical specifications to the required quality and standards
- Understanding the code base for all products and fixing any issues that arise
- Work with the team to identify strategies for stabilising the code base of core products
- Estimating effort for development work
- Strong adherence and assurance of Governance throughout the Project Lifecycle
- Peer review code to ensure standards are met
- Supporting and maintaining existing data processing, e-commerce and business applications
- Interfacing with the Architecture, QA and Applications Support teams to ensure smooth project delivery
- Escalating any concerns or issues, relating to project slippage to the Development Manager
- Problem solving, networking & mentoring junior developers
Broad technical knowledge of software development and experience of the development life-cycle is necessary and must include solid experience of:
- Designing & developing web based solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio, C#/ASP.NET and IIS 6+.
- Designing & developing SQL Server databases.
- Software design & writing technical documentation.
Any exposure to any of the following is also highly desirable:
- Productivity & quality features within Visual Studio such as testing, code conformance and code analysis tools.
- Software Configuration Management / Version Control.
- Enterprise programming using technologies such as; Remoting, Web Services, Microsoft Message Queue.
- Web application frameworks such as MVC, JQuery and Ext.JS.
- Project Management