The business systems analyst will be part of a project team responsible for upgrading a legacy insurance application to a new platform. The BSA will need to quickly understand the business workflow and how the application is currently used. The BSA will be responsible for detailed analysis and requirements documentation and will be an effective conduit between the business subject matter experts and the development team. The BSA must be effective at differentiate business requirements from functional requirements and must haves from nice to haves. In addition, the successful BSA will be a creative problem solver, aggressive without alienating colleagues, and comfortable communicating and prioritizing work with offshore development teams.
- Work with various business stakeholders to document as-is business and workflow, application, and reporting requirements
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications for development team
- Frequently meet with offshore team and act as central point of contact for communicating requirements and resolving questions and issues
- Document reporting requirements
- Write user acceptance testing plans and organize UAT
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITY
- Experience writing business and functional requirements in the insurance domain is required. Reinsurance experience preferred.
- Experience working with offshore development teams, creating browser-based transactional applications using Microsoft technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented, ability and desire to work independently, and demonstrated ability to seek creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong sense of ownership, and comfortable wearing multiple hats including risk identification, testing, light project management, and data analysis.
- Agile experience a plus