Contracts Manager / Business Operations
Main Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the day to day management of outsourcing/ Third party services contracts. These are material contracts which are a key functions, impacting multiple stakeholders.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Operational outsourcing contract and third party services contracts, including:
- Responsible for the production of the standard operating procedures in place with the outsourcer, including designing and implementing new procedures and ensuring that they align with the overall operations strategy
- Produce any internal MI/ reporting on the contracts as required by management
- As required, induct/ train new staff
- Ensure adequate procedures are in place for the management of data quality and data governance, aligned to data governance policy
- Responsible for the Month/ Year end close process
- As required, manage and implement any required changes to the contracts
- Reconcile and sign off of Outsourcing/ third party invoices
Operational Strategy - Assist the Operations Manager in the development of the Operations department, primarily focussed on the Operations BAU team. Work with the Operations Manager to continually identify and implement improvements in Operations BAU including automation, reduced manual effort and optimising our outsourcing/third party contracts
Work closely with underwriting teams to identify and prioritise requirements/ improvements to contracts/services which can made to benefit the business
Key Technical skills/knowledge/professional qualifications required.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of outsouricing agreements/ third party service contracts.
- Experience in the Insurance/ financial services and banking sectors
- Knowledge of the legal requirements and contract structure for outsourcing/ third party services contracts is preferable
- Understanding of Lloyd's market/ LMTOM is essential