Business Intelligence Technical Lead - Warrington
Our client, an award-winning technology business, are looking for an experienced BI Technical Lead to join an established technology team based just off the M62/M6 near Warrington.
Data is a key asset to their business, and this role is key to unlocking the value that it can bring. The Technical Lead must have extensive SQL Server and Enterprise Data Warehousing experience and be focussed on delivering business benefit whilst ensuring a high level of quality. The Technical Lead must lead by example in both their technical skills, and leadership of the delivery team, and be able to demonstrate good decision making to choose the right solutions.
This role has people management responsibility, and will be required to perform key activities such as team member monthly reviews, objective setting and ensuring each team member has a plan for their personal development.
Appropriate level of design and documentation skills, covering:
- Detailed designs
- Standards and patterns
- How-to guides and other material to aid the squad and guild
Experience in SQL Server and related technologies, covering:
- Microsoft SQL Server and Analysis Services (ideally SSAS Tabular)
- BI and Data Warehousing skills
- Data warehousing including Kimball, Inmon and Data Vault methodologies
- Schema design
- SSIS & SSRS
- Automation frameworks e.g. BIML
- Database performance tuning and indexing
Demonstrable understanding of how to develop quality software through:
- Testing frameworks and practices; e.g. MSTest, NUnit, performance testing
- Use of appropriate principles and patterns along with writing clean and secure code
- Integrating with monitoring and alerting frameworks
Ways of Working and Tooling:
- Strong experience of agile development practices as part of a delivery squad/cell
- Strong experience and appreciation of agile project management software; e.g. Jira
- Strong experience and appreciation of Git based version control systems
- Strong experience and appreciation of CI/CD practices and tooling; e.g. TeamCity, Octopus, Azure DevOps, Redgate
For further details or a conversation regarding the role and business please apply.