Business Intelligence Manager
My client, a leading Insurance company, is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Manager who will be responsible for the management of BI applications, and delivery of associated project management and analysis tasks. You will work closely with Finance and IT stakeholders to deliver solutions to meet their needs. You will also be responsible for the management and maintenance of the premiums and claims warehouses.
- Build full business and technical subject matter expertise in the assigned application(s) including the understanding of the source data, systems and business processes of the applications.
- Project manage small to medium application projects or enhancements.
- Support programs and projects that have a dependency on the managed applications working closely with program or project managers as required and provide delivery assurance
- Manage the analysis tasks (business, systems and data) for the application delivering tasks through available through company or vendor resources or undertaking these tasks as appropriate including:
- Requirements analysis and documentation of business, system and data requirements.
- Data and systems analysis of underlying source systems.
- Update and enhance existing documentation
- Specify application source data using existing models and stakeholder inputs.
- Oversee and understand the architecture and design of applications working closely with the Enterprise and regional architecture functions
- Manage or undertake testing including checking views, tables, sql etc.,
- Incident analysis, regressions testing, addressing developer queries.
- Oversee quality checks on code, documentation and implementation
- Deliver innovations in current processes by revisiting existing methods and suggesting alternative improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from a recognised university
- At least 7 years' experience of working as an analyst within the BI/MI sphere across business, systems and data domains
- Minimum 5 years working in a technical analysis role in a financial services environment
- Minimum 3 years working with financial accounting and reporting systems
- Good SQL coding skills and ability to analyse and undertake logical data analysis
- Exposure to current BI tools and technologies with some report writing capability
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Understanding of Data warehousing design principles and methodologies
- Clear articulation and presentation skills
- Self-starter and ability to run business workshops and user training sessions
Please apply now if you are interested in being considered for this position. All successful applicants will be contacted within 48 hours.