The Business Analyst is experienced in P&C insurance business processes, workflow, and systems, and / or Professional Lines products. This person will also have a solid set of experience working with Operations, Product Development, and I/T to define and implement technology solutions.
The Business Analyst will provide analysis support for the implementation of system and process changes for new and existing functionality platforms, including those supporting our external capabilities, internal workflow / operational support, and product implementations. This person will collaborate with and coordinate the efforts of our business team (Product Development, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Actuarial, Marketing, etc.) with both our consulting and internal IT system implementation teams.
- Manage the Business Requirements process and lead product and system requirements sessions.
- Develop and communicate business requirements documentation.
- Act as a coordination point / liaison for business functions and IT and Consulting system implementation partners for all requirements.
- Review work requests and determine impact of product and system changes to existing workflows.
- Manage the UAT process.
- Anticipate, negotiate, and resolve business design issues before they impact project success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- In-depth business knowledge of P&C and Specialty, Product Development and Implementation, Operations and Claims, Marketing and Communications, Analytics, and IT. In depth knowledge of P&C or Specialty Products, Product Development, Operations, Online Systems, Automated Workflow, UW Rule Definition, or Small Commercial Insurance Systems and Processes is a plus.
- Experience in demonstrated consulting / design experience in complex technology solutions and technology enabled processes.
- Demonstrates higher level analytical skills; can independently identify and propose alternative solutions.
- Has a very good understanding of the business process and product for their area. Knows where the gaps are in the system support of this process/product. Proactively works with our cross-functional team to suggest solutions that will improve this process/product.
- Experience in a large technology solution implementation - demonstrated experience in requirements management and program / project management processes and artifacts.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with the senior leadership team.
- Results and solution-oriented; can work in an extremely fast-paced environment; strong ability to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives; decisional.