Business Analyst Manager - Insurance
The Business Analyst Manager will be primarily responsible for the line management and personal development of the members of the team. BA Career development is a key part of the role, including Career Mapping for the BA community and ownership of the team members' personal career maps and experience development.
The BA Manager will also be responsible for BA Resource allocation to Projects and Programmes, along with monitoring the quality of BA colleague outputs, and supporting their development with appropriate coaching and mentoring.
In addition, the BA Manager will be expected to perform a certain amount of hands-on BA tasks in line with those of a Senior BA
BA Manager Responsibilities:
- Line Management of UK Change Business Analyst Team.
- Responsible for the Personal Development, Appraisals, Coaching and Mentoring of Business Analyst colleagues.
- Work with the PMO and Project/Programme Managers to allocate BA Resources for in flight and pipeline projects/programme.
- Work closely with the Project/Programme Managers, supporting with BA tasks, QA of BA Deliverables and other appropriate activities as required.
- Lead Business Analysis Workshops;
- Prepare feasibility studies and cost benefit analyses (jointly with PM / Finance);
- Undertake Various analysis tasks (SWOT, Gap, etc) to assist in project decision making;
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to support system configuration activities, including gathering requirements from key stakeholders for configuration tasks, reviewing system specifications and ensuring signoff is achieved from SMEs;
- Lead Document Template design/development and Reporting requirements/design;
- Provide analysis and research supported by reviewing performance and volumes data to support the prioritisation of specific lines of business, processes and trading partnerships;
- Undertaking the development of UAT scripts and support business SME UAT activity and as required undertake key UAT scenario validation;
Knowledge & Expertise
- Experienced graduate with significant prior project experience and strong communication, numerical and analytical skills;
- Previous Line Management or Team Leading experience;
- Project Management experience desirable but not essential;
- Excellent insurance industry knowledge, including London Market. Experience of working on multiple projects for insurance carriers is essential. MGA experience is also desirable, but not essential.
- Strong track record of working on business change projects, with at least 5 years' experience as a BA / Senior BA;
- Experience of Target Operating Model implementation or BPI / BPR;