BI Technical Lead - Warrington (SQL SSAS Agile PowerBI)
Our client, a UK leading technology business, are looking for BI Technical Lead to join their Warrington office. The Technical Lead must lead by example in both their technical skills, and leadership of the delivery team, and be able to demonstrate good decision making to choose the right solutions.
- Data is a key asset to our business, and this role is key to unlocking the value that it can bring. The Technical Lead must have extensive SQL Server and Enterprise Data Warehousing experience and be focused on delivering business benefit whilst ensuring a high level of quality.
- This role has people management responsibility and will be required to perform key activities such as team member monthly reviews, objective setting and ensuring each team member has a plan for their personal development.
- Microsoft SQL Server and Analysis Services (ideally SSAS Tabular)
- BI and Data Warehousing skills
- Data warehousing including Kimball, Inmon and Data Vault methodologies
- Schema design
- SSIS & SSRS
- Automation frameworks e.g. BIML
- Database performance tuning and indexing
Demonstrable understanding of how to develop quality software through:
- Testing frameworks and practices; e.g. MSTest, NUnit, performance testing
- Use of appropriate principles and patterns along with writing clean and secure code
- Integrating with monitoring and alerting frameworks
Ways of Working and Tooling:
- Strong experience of agile development practices as part of a delivery squad/cell
- Strong experience and appreciation of agile project management software; e.g. Jira
- Strong experience and appreciation of Git based version control systems
The company offer a flexible working environment including base from home, they offer excellent benefits including 10% pension, 25 days holiday, 20% bonus, health care and free on site parking. For further information please apply.