My client are a multi-national corporation specialising in the Insurance and Investments space. They have a global reputation for their technical expertise and the creation of innovative solutions for new and developing areas of risk that our clients may face.
They are looking to recruit into one of the areas of the business working in some of the most cutting-edge technologies. The Investments AI team works on the development of AI-first products - applications and services utilising state-of-the-art machine learning to inform and assist their users across the global business.
Our mission to create a safer world through the power of AI is achieved mainly through:
- The incubation of disruptive innovation through a diverse team of scientists, engineers, and designers.
- AI, ML and NLP R&D contribution, including publications in top conferences and journals.
- The provision of machine learning advisory and consulting across all areas of the global businesses.
Based at our London office, this is an exceptional opportunity for those who want to enjoy state-of-the-art AI development and be challenged and grow as a full stack developer.
- Take ownership of a significant part of the team's solution development
- Demonstrate end-to-end understanding of applications being created
- Design and build high-performance APIs and services for use by backend developers (data, NLP, ML), frontend developers, and external consumers
- Contribute to design and build of real-time, event-driven architectures
- Contribute to Peer Review process to ensure code quality and best practices
- Self-motivated and creative - we're building from ground up, not tweaking legacy
- In-depth knowledge of Python web application frameworks
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration
- Good communicator and team player
- Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
An ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working on cloud platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services, IBM Cloud or Google Cloud)
- Have worked in a DevOps environment that promotes TDD
- Linux SysAdmin skills
- Messaging (e.g. Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ)
- Experience of coding in C++ or Java
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation etc.)
- Exposure to the latest machine learning applications, frameworks, and libraries (particularly PyTorch)
- Exposure to the machine learning development process
- Experience as a tech lead in a full stack environment