Various insurance and bank clients are currently seeking a strong back-end developer, who has experience with building RESTful APIs from scratch in a microservices-based architecture. These clients are digitalizing their products and services, with both mobile and web applications being built to service consumers and commercial clients. These products / services have global outreach, as a result, they want their back-end systems to be reliable and scalable with microservices.
What you'll do
- Responsible for either Java or Node.JS back-end services - including quotation, payment and CRM
- Build RESTful APIs from scratch in a microservices-based environment
- Work in in an Agile team using Scrum
- Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement
- Provide system maintenance and support of production systems
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and technologies
- Support product managers on requirement feasibility research (spikes)
- Support front-end development teams when RESTful APIs need to be called
What you'll need
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 5 years working experience with MVC frameworks. Solid insurance industry knowledge preferred.
- Solid knowledge of software architecture, data structure and algorithms
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams
- Basic knowledge of servers, DevOps and infrastructure
- Knowledge of non-relational databases such as MongoDB and Redis preferred