My client is looking for an Audit Manager in its Wholesale Banking audit team based in Amsterdam. They offer corporate clients core banking services such as lending as well as payments and cash management in more than 40 countries.
Main missions (role and objectives):
As an Audit Manager, you will:
Lead audits in the area of Transaction Services, including Payments and Cash Management, Trade Finance and Working Capital Solutions, and the Shared Services locations. During an audit you will:
- Manage and coach team members, and contribute expertise and experience to the planning, execution and reporting phases of audits.
- Pro-actively provide audit stakeholders feedback on the progress and foresee and act to avoid delays in the audit process.
- Manage audit stakeholder expectations through frequent, concise and impactful communication.
- Ensure audit activities are performed to quality standards by reviewing working papers and other key deliverables, help prepare or review audit reports, and, occasionally, conduct testing.
- Apply and uphold the principles of the Code of Ethics (Integrity, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Competence), adhere to the audit standard on Proficiency & Due Professional Care, and perform audits with professional scepticism.
- Maintain professional relationships with audit clients and hold stakeholder management meetings.
- Provide insight to develop or update audit plans.
- Coordinate and/or complete action closure validations.
- Liaise with other audit teams which we support.
Your work environment:
As an Audit Manager, you will be based in Amsterdam and you will work in an international team as part of the Wholesale Banking Audit Division. This division forms part of my client's global audit team, which is a highly professional organisation with approximately 400 staff members worldwide. Together with your colleagues, you will provide audit coverage globally. Working at my client means working in a highly dynamic, international environment at the heart of the company, where everyone aspires to (continue to) be a front-runner in the field of auditing. To this end, we work with the very best people, whom we help to remain leading in their area of expertise.
- A recognised business or information technology degree
- One or more audit qualifications are strongly preferred
- Relevant audit work experience within a financial institution
- Fluency in English. Fluency in other languages is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise professional scepticism
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organisationally sensitive and effective in conflict management
- Capable of working in international teams remotely or onsite in a collaborative and effective manner
- Travel dependent on the assignments
Development and growth:
At my client, they realise that qualitative growth means that they always have to have the best people in the best positions. That's why they will invest in your personal growth and development. However, they do expect you to take the initiative to ensure that you are up to date on the key developments in your field and that you continue to improve your performance. They are, of course, happy to support you in your development endeavours.