Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Lead financial control activity for the company in Ireland and its branches in Europe. Supports the counterpart team in the UK and works closely with the team in the US.
- 2. Ownership of regulatory and financial reporting for the Irish Management Company. Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely submission of same.
- 3. Research complex financial, accounting and regulatory impacting matters and prepare position papers for presentation to the Boards of company's entities.
- 4. Oversight of annual external audit of the company's Irish Management Company.
- 5. Develop controls and oversight processes/mechanisms; identify and implement procedural improvements to drive departmental efficiency and financial controllership
- 6. Build and develop strong working relationships both locally and globally to optimize efficiency of processes
- 7. Participate in ad hoc local and global strategic projects.
- 8. Financial forecasting, planning and analysis to support various requirements e.g. MCR and liquidity analysis
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance preferred)
- CAI or ACCA Qualified
- 7-10 years minimum relevant work experience in an accounting and reporting environment in the asset management sector. "Big 4" experience in the financial services sector a significant advantage
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills and a strong understanding of financial and operational controls
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to function in a high volume/fast paced environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively and independently with little direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills including Accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint