Oliver James Associates are currently supporting a UK based, Life Insurance organisation which due to high performance and continuous ambitious growth plans, are investing heavily into its Financial Reporting Function to cope with new demands. They are seeking to recruit a Part-Qualified/Qualified Actuary to work within a commercial capacity whilst utilising their technical skill set.
Your main areas of responsibility within this role will be to support the Reporting & Analysis Actuary in leading the delivery of the Group's actuarial reporting requirements mainly for Solvency II however you will also input into IFRS, EV and risk-based capital metrics.
You'll lead the delivery of actuarial aspects of business planning and prepare MI, analysing the SII results and creating analysis from model outputs & data in order to provide the exec team with key information.
Finally you will support our student population, checking and managing workloads in model output and mentoring where needed in order to share essential skills and knowledge and increase the capability across the team.
- Part-Qualified/Qualified Actuary
- Life Insurance experience essential
- SII knowledge essential - other reporting metrics also welcome.
- Good problem analysis and resolution skills and an ability to think outside of the box
- Experience of decision-making, able to assess materiality of issues and determine appropriate course of action
- Experience of Actuarial modelling software
Please follow the correct instruction to apply for this position and discuss further details.