A dynamic, UK based Life Insurance organisation is seeking to add an Assistant Actuary to their growing financial reporting function. Following a recent and very exciting acquisition, this business is looking to recruit an ambitious and driven individual to deliver the groups actuarial reporting requirements which include Solvency II, IFRS, EV and risk-based capital metrics.
You will have daily exposure to the Group's key decision makers and with this opportunity for long term relationship building, you will be required to support them closely for business and strategy decision making purposes.
You will possess strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills and you will be able to utilise these attributes effectively whilst presenting complex financial concepts to a senior audience in a clear and concise manner.
- Produce Group actuarial reports and relevant analysis, including IFRS, Solvency I, Solvency II, economic capital and MCEV, and deliver reinsurer reporting requirements in line with Group treaties
- Produce business projections, including scenarios and stress testing to support business planning, forecasting and risk management processes, the Group's risk capital metrics and other relevant actuarial management information as required
- Review of methodologies and assumptions deployed in actuarial systems used to fulfil the team's objectives. To develop and improve the modelling methodologies and reporting tools used and test reporting tools developed by the IT function and Actuarial Systems team.
- To represent the team and provide actuarial expertise to define actuarial requirements on projects and other change programme initiatives
- To support the development of responses to requests from the UK regulator and other third parties
- To operate a robust control framework for the production of results including maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (including TASs)