Android Developer - Fintech & Investment - Southwark, London
Looking to develop a career with an award winning financial services business and one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for? We are now looking to recruit a well organised team player to join our Digital Strategy team in the London office where you will play a key role in the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of Android devices.
We have excellent career development opportunities if you are looking to progress your knowledge and experience further.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java and Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- 5 years' experience, with 3 years' experience in native mobile development.
- Have an understanding of design patterns & SOLID principles.
- Experience in developing consumer facing, high-performance Android applications using Java and Kotlin.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- You'll have knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- You will hold a Computer Science degree (or equivalent).
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- 22 days holiday increasing up to 29 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus 5%
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events