The Agile Coach/Scrum Master will serve as a subject matter expert on Agile execution frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) as well as scaling frameworks such as Scaled Agile Framework. The candidate must possess software development technical knowledge and the ability to train, mentor, and coach on all agile engineering practices. The Agile Coach must also be able to collaborate with key agile resources to develop changes to the agile application development practices used.
The candidate for the position of Agile Coach/Scrum Master will be responsible for coaching and mentoring all aspects of our agile implementation including, but not limited to, agile execution, Agile Product Owners and executives. The Agile Coach will emphasize agile principles, practices and frameworks to enable teams to deliver high value business capabilities. The coach candidate should embrace servant leadership and display behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile.
The Agile Coach will serve as a subject matter expert on Agile execution frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) as well as scaling frameworks such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe, LeSS). The candidate must possess software development technical knowledge and the ability to train, mentor, and coach on all agile engineering practices (with an emphasis on TDD). The Agile Coach must also be able to collaborate with key agile resources to develop changes to the agile application development practices.
- Coach, facilitate, mentor and train Scrum and Kanban teams comprised of on-shore and off-shore / distributed resources to follow the models implemented.
- Coach and mentor individuals and teams to discover and implement improved ways of collaborating and developing into high-performing, self-organizing, Agile units,
- Drive adoption of Agile mindset and framework best practices in teams.
- Develop and deliver training, mentoring and coaching around agile engineering practices and techniques such as TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, collective code ownership, pair / mob programming and DevOps
- Design and development principles (SOLID, FIRST, GRASP, DRY, etc.)
- Professional software development behavior (pair programming, continuous integration, clean code, and refactoring)
- Legacy Code Refactoring - Coach teams to safely refactor dirty code
- Proactively identify bottlenecks, impediments, and issues and guide agile teams to quickly remove areas these areas of inefficiency and waste.
- Coach and mentor on collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, limiting work in progress, etc.
- Assess team and organization maturity and coach same to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and appropriate for the team and organization
- Training, coaching and mentoring PMO organizations (CPMO, GPMO, IT-PMO, etc.) on agile frameworks
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution as it arises and proactively guide the team.
- Guide and drive executives, managers, and teams to implement agile development approaches.
- Identify other areas of expertise that need to be brought in to accomplish the client's objective.
- Work to help all levels of the organization understand the benefits of working agile.
- Facilitate learning in a trusting environment by way of individual sessions, lunch and learns, group workshops, onsites/offsites, etc., with an emphasis on problem solving in timely manner
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, release managers, technology, and business sponsors
- Work well with other coaches and consultants.
- Remains informed about industry trends and best practices concerning agile methodologies and advances those best practices in the organization.