Agile Coach/Transformation Lead
The Agile Coach/Transformation Lead will provide expertise and mentoring across many Product/Project teams as they transition from the current waterfall/hybrid development methodologies to the new corporate Agile standards. He/she will work closely with many teams, including Requirements engineers, software engineers, QA/Test personnel, project and program management, to provide the guidance necessary for a successful transition to these new methods and standards. In this role you will manage the program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives. Plans and develops methods and procedures for implementing program, directs and coordinates program activities, and exercises control over personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of program.
- Facilitate a work environment that fosters and supports ethical decision-making and actions by motivating, promoting and modeling ethical behavior, as well as executing job responsibilities in accordance with core values and ethics policies.
- Plans and develops methods and procedures for implementing program, directs and coordinates program activities, and exercises control over personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of program.
- Confers with staff to explain program and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of program.
- Directs and coordinates personally, or through subordinate managerial personnel, activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of program.
- Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective and modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attain objectives.
- Prepares program reports for superiors.
- Controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
- Define expected behaviors and approach to work needed from the various project functions in the new Agile environment.
- Lead workshops and other knowledge sharing activities imparting knowledge and drawing on their own Agile expertise and experiences. Develop others to act as local mentors/coaches for more junior project teammates.
- Support the project leadership teams as they produce detailed project task plans for this new style of work.
- Act as the Agile process representative for the specific assigned projects
- Identify milestones and expected accomplishments for the Agile transition program.
- Report progress, identify bottlenecks and provide general performance metrics to OPX leadership that aids the organization to adjust its Agile roll-out.
- Identify creative and innovative solutions to implementation obstacles.
- Self-starter - able to work independently across many different disciplines and projects. Able to identify needs and jump in where needed.
- Insurance background
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in an agile development environment.
- Experience and knowledge in various project methodologies: waterfall, scrum, agile, kanban, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Understanding and experience in a software product development environment.
- Experience in mentoring/leading other members of the software engineering team.
- Knowledge of project management practices in an agile environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence leaders at all levels within an enterprise.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- Agile Certification/training, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar Agile credentials
- Solid technical skills, various software tools and environments
- Leadership and communication
- Ability to train others in technology and software methodology
- Knowledge of tools for Agile development teams and able to train/mentor others in using
If you are interested in the role, please respond with an updated resume.