Actuary - Senior Manager - IFRS/SII Reporting - Edinburgh
A very rare Senior Actuarial opportunity has arisen in Edinburgh where a FTSE Listed Insurer is seeking to recruit a Senior Manager to their growing IFRS and Solvency II Reporting team. You will be tasked with having a key strategic input in growing your own team whilst reporting to some of the organisations most important decision makers.
Financial Reporting is accountable for delivering on time and accurate financial results and disclosures across all reporting metrics, while providing real business insights, quality assurance and technical advice.
This role requires a qualified actuary to develop and maintain a suite of management information to the support the requirements of the business from the Finance Reporting area. The role will also require developing a strong overview of the business, communicating with business areas and understanding the impact of various factors on the financial results. The role will then require presentation of a range of financial results, including predictive results and budgets and forecasts to Senior business leaders.
The role holder will lead a team and will be ultimately accountable for the performance of the team, in terms of time, cost and quality, and including its responsiveness to future business requirements.
- To lead a team of Finance professionals, in the delivery of a suite of management information, on a range of financial reporting and business management metrics for internal and external reporting with supporting analysis and commentary
- To ensure the delivery of high quality management information, meeting customer needs, within a robust control framework.
- To develop a suite of reporting tools to aid delivery of regular management information, predictive results and budget and forecasting
- To liaise with the wider Finance teams to understand the impacts of various activity on the ongoing financial statements.
- To hold ultimate accountability for the accuracy of the output of the team, balancing resource time and cost to optimise the quality of the output
- To develop a team which is responsive to future business requirements
You will have:
- Experience of disseminating complex quality information to internal and external stakeholders (including regulators and rating agencies) and ensuring it is understood
- Experience of using understanding of the business linked with finance knowledge to support the business and of making recommendations and helping to originate creative solutions
- Experience of leading teams to deliver under pressure and/or to tight timescales
- Knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
I lavori simili
- North West England, England
- £55000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
- circa 1 mese fa
Due to growth and expansion, I am working exclusively with a North West Insurer to appoint a new Reporting Actuary into their team. In the role; You will be reviewing and consolidating reporting results at both Group & UK level across a variety of metrics. You will also; Have the opport... Leggi di più
Senior Pensions Actuary & Manager
- City of London, London
- £80000 - £110000 per annum + package
- giorni 19 fa
Due to a phase of sustained growth and new business wins, the practice is seeking to appoint a senior pensions actuary to play a truly integral role. Next step? Director or Partner. A long standing client of mine, a prestigious consultancy in the heart of London, is home to a highly suc... Leggi di più
Capital Reporting Actuary
- City of London, London
- £60000 - £75000 per annum + car allowance + benefits
- giorni 19 fa
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen with a leading Life Insurer in London. My client, a FTSE 100 business, are currently recruiting for an newly qualified or experienced actuary to sit within their Capital Reporting function. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a... Leggi di più
Interim Reporting Actuary
- London, England
- Up to £900 per day
- giorni 26 fa
Oliver James Associates are working with multiple life insurers who are looking for Actuaries with a strong reporting background. The assignments can be based in Scotland, The Midlands or London (dependant on the company) and the duration of the contracts range between 3 - 6 months. Rep... Leggi di più